Monday, June 1, 2009

Peace for Me

Do you have that place that makes you happy to be there? Somewhere that you long for when it has been to long since you were there. This is that place for me. When I turn the corner and head west this is what I see. I'm always looking for the silo, what else can I see. This is a mile away.




Then it gets closer. Only a half a mile to go. What can I tell now? All the buildings look the same. I can see a long way.

Then finally I am there. Home! No matter where I live or how old I become this will always be home.

This house on this farm has always been a part of my life. My grandparents built it in the early 1940's and my dad lives there now. Until I was almost 11 there was a house across the road that we lived in and my dad moved back there when I was 18. It has changed a little over the years and the buildings around it have change, but it still brings that sense of security and belonging. I have spend summers hauling hay with my father and grandfather. It allows you to be a part of this great connection to the gift of beauty and calmness.

3 comments:

Susan said...

What beautiful countryside!!

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing these photos of "home" with us! I get the same feeling with I drive across the Atchafalya Basin from Baton Rouge to Lafayette. That is a uniquely home place. See you on Saturday, I hope!

CValentine said...

I love it. I love you.