Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gathering

Today I was reading an article about gathering. It was specificly about how members of my church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gather twice a year to received council from our leaders in Utah. The next time that I will be watching and listening and gathering to here this council is this coming weekend.

As he was describing gathering he use hobbies. I think that is very true of quilting. We gather pieces of fabric that we think with look nice together to make a finished quilt. The process is gathering - fabric, patterns, pieces, blocks.

The same is true of our friends. We want to gather them around us. To share fun things with. To support us in times of woe.

I like this term - gathering. I had never thought about it in quite this way. Especially the gathering of friends, where they be family, co-workers, quilting friends, or church friends. They definitely make me a better person.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've been tagged. Please visit my blog for the rules.